The Sargodha city was founded by Lady Trooper in 1903. The city is very close to the heart of the Punjab. not just geographically but also in terms of cultural depth and diversity, now a city of about half million. A big canal arising from the river Jhelum brought green revolution to the barren valley of Karana Hills. New people started pouring in, not only from the neighbouring districts but also from distant towns like Sialkot, Gujranwala and Gujrat. As a result of the partition in 1947 the Muslims from the East Punjab and the United Province (UP) added more colours to the already coloured and diverse culture of the city. Being the District Headquarters since 1940, Sargodha was upgraded to the status of Divisional Headquarters in the year 1960. Apart from being a well planned city, Sargodha enjoys the distinctionof being one of the most important bases of Pakistan Air Force. There is a beautiful cantonment area marked by the Pakistan Army.